Friday, November 30, 2012

Logo no yes?


Hey Audrey!

I saw a logo competition for the Ishikawa Prefecture on the Design 21 website. This 'province' in Japan is well known for its rich traditional culture and high-tech industry. The logo would certify excellent Ishikawa products as 'Premium Ishikawa Brand' and promote them to the world. It was quite a challenge to design something for a place I've never been too. But I did some research and found that the Prefecture's Bird was the Japanese Golden Eagle. I decide to combine an image of an egale with the geographical shape of the Prefecture, using a Japanese painting style, and soem hours later this logo emerged. Audrey, have you ever been to Japan? I would love to go and see a typical Japanese garden. And the cherry blossoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment