Friday, April 27, 2012

My Fair Lady





Hey Audrey!


I watched your film My Fair Lady with a friend the other day. We both loved it! I'm so happy that Cecil Beaton, who designed your iconic costumes, won an Academy Award for them back in 1965. When I first saw the film as a little girl,  I wanted my wedding dress to look exactly like the white ball dress with matching long white gloves. Now I love the shell pink organza tea dress most. Normally I hate musicals, but I know the lyrics of the My Fair Lady songs off by heart. "I have often walked down this street before. But the pavement always stayed beneath my feet before da di da..."And the dialogue is really funny. Like the part where your character, Eliza Doolittle, explains to the snooty guests at the Ascot races: "Not her, gin was mother's milk to her. Besides he poured so much down his own throat, he knew the good of it."

1 comment:

  1. it might have been easier to take had the UFL be successful in an area in which my fair lady new york it time after time failed during Huyghue's tenure: running potentia

    ReplyDelete