Friday, November 26, 2010

Gigi

Audrey and Colette. 'Audrey Hepburn: an elegant spirit' by Sean Hepburn Ferrar  (Sidgwick and Jackson, 2003)


Hey Audrey

I hope I didn't offend you by my rant about film adaptions of literature. Colette herself thought you were the perfect Gigi (staged in the United States back in 1951), and I'm sure you were. It must have been such a lovely surprise to have been spotted by a great writer in the foyer of a hotel, and the next thing, one is offered to play the lead in a Broadway play. I found this lovely cover design for the play, and I took the liberty to change it just a bit, I couldn't help myself. I am quite certain that the body text in the original version is also Avenir. Avenir was designed by the great Swiss type designer, Adrian Frutiger. If you were a typeface,  Audrey, you'd be Avenir.

PS. Do you also feel like drinking hot chocolate every time you read something by Colette?

No comments:

Post a Comment